Storage Consolidation Solutions
Storage Consolidation, also called Storage Convergence is a method of centralizing data storage among multiple servers. The objective is to facilitate data backup and archiving for all subscribers in an enterprise, while minimizing the time required to access and store data. Other desirable features include simplification of the storage infrastructure, centralized and efficient management, optimized resource utilization and low operating cost. There are three storage consolidation architectures in common use: network-attached storage (NAS), redundant array of independent disks (RAID) and the storage area network (SAN).
Key Benefit :
- Centralize storage and reduce administrative overhead.
- Simplify IT operations and reduce total IT expenditures.
- Expand storage capacity, performance, and network bandwidth without downtime.
- Increase availability and protect critical data sets.
- Consolidate storage assets across multiple OS environments.